Friday, 7 October 2011

autumn walk

I love this time of the year, the colours of the trees and a crispness in the air, a great time to don your warm coat, scarf and gloves for a walk with a friend or two. I created this painting with that in mind, an afternoon stroll filled with good conversation and company and then maybe stopping off at a local tea room for well deserved cake and coffee afterwards.
This partciular painting is currently winging it's way via the postal system to a lovely gallery in Suffolk, The Lion House Gallery, well worth a look if you are in the area.
Many thanks for all your lovely comments, I so enjoy reading them.
Hope you are enjoying beautiful autumn days where ever you are.

6 comments:

  1. When I feel cold and the gray autumn days become everything else, but not cosy, I'll look at this painting to feel the warmth of moments, shared with a friend! I like your palette... and especially the sky!!!!
    Good luck with the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Makes me want to go on an autumn walk! The gallery's lovely isn't it, I wish I lived closer :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..beautiful and enchanting..i love your work..and so happy to have found your beautiful realm here..gorgeous blog and wonderful art!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gorgeous autumnal painting with its beautiful rich colours and the very serene expressions on the ladies faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Joy,
    Glad I've found you still blogging, I'm trying to catch up with old blogging friends from my Willow House blog days as I've started blogging again. I still have the little painting of the angel I won all that time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need area rugs. I search on google find there many providers. Couldn't get conclude where to buy after visit 30 sites there. Alter all i find the website Ameyahome.com who have a large collection of Area rugs, which are hand tufted and made in India.

    There also an offer 16% off on verity Area Rugs.

    If you are searching for Area rugs Store, area rugs online, Hand tufted rug, Wool area rug, Area Rugs price, Cheap Area Rugs, Rugs Shop New York, Area Rugs Made in India. Ameya home the best place for you to Shop designed rugs from USA Nation's largest Inventory in New York.

    ReplyDelete